Instructions for Students Riding the Bus
Important note: Student must be aware of and follow rules
concerning student transportation provided in School District Policy
5.186. Below are some, but not all, rules that apply to riding a bus.
OBEY THE BUS DRIVER.The driver is in full charge of the bus and students 2.
Treat the bus driver and other riders with respect and courtesy.
Do not distract the driver. Unnecessary conversation with driver is prohibited.
- Classroom conduct is required, use quiet conversation only
- Cross roadway 12 feet in front of the bus, wait for driver signal to cross. Wait for drivers' signal to board or exit the bus
- Ride the assigned bus only and use assigned designated bus stop.
- Bein assigned pickup spot 5 minutes prior to pickup. The bus will not wait for you
- Never stand in roadway while waiting for the bus
- Stay in assigned seat and wear seat belt at all times
- Keep arms, hands and head inside windows
- Prohibited items on the bus include, but are not limited to, balloons, large bulky packages, large musical instruments, live animals, sharp objects and skate boards.
- Eating, drinking and use of tobacco products are not allowed
Any violation of School Board Policy 5.186 or any rules noted above will be reported to the school principal and may result
in temporary or permanent suspension from riding the bus. Be aware that video surveillance may be used on buses.
Your signature indicates you have read, understand and discussed with vour student all of the above.